Saturday, March 10, 2012

Mirror behavior

I am drinking coffe in Starbucks with my best friend Shellie and she just talked to her little cousin on the phone. She is 7 years old and she told her that she can't wait until Monday to show her nails to the girls in her school!



My little cousin is also always imitating what I do. She loves wearing my clothes and experimenting with my make up and hair stuff!


Children usually pattern themselves after what they see their parents or their older siblings do.I think the exposure to values and ideas are the strongest and most important influences that parents have over children in their lives but kids also imitate little things. 

A recent study done at Yale University could not provide any explanation for why kids imitate adults actions, which suggests that it is an automatic action.

No comments:

Post a Comment